Tuesday, October 28, 2014

*heavy sigh*

Does anyone have the marvelous, beautiful, natural ability to sing whatever you want and sound amazing while doing it? If you do, I envy you. I like to say that when I sing, on a good day, I sound like a dying walrus (which I honestly don't think is an exaggeration). But, I still love to sing, just not in front of people.

I listen to a lot of music while I write and work on school work. Since I live in a house crammed full of people, I don't have much privacy, even behind a closed door. Often, I find myself overwhelmed by the intense desire to belt out the lyrics to songs like 'No Good Deed' and 'Defying Gravity' and 'As Long As You're Mine' and basically every other Wicked song ever.

[BY THE WAYS GUYS, WICKED IS TOURING AGAIN AND THERE'S A SHOW ONLY A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM WHERE I LIVE.]

Anywhoooo, since I have no ability to sing and can't hold a tune to save my life, I compensate by mouthing the words in a flashy, and generally dramatic manner. I find my inner super star is best suppressed by screwing my face up in ugly expressions and flipping my hair around like a mad woman.

I just bought some new headphones. They're fantastic. Like, noise canceling and everything. Unfortunately, they cancel a little too much voice.

Guys. My mom just walked in. 

I have never been this embarrassed.


No comments:

Post a Comment